What is a Teleprompter?
A teleprompter is an old technology first conceived in 1948 by Hubert Schafly. The purpose of the teleprompter was to replace cue cards that were used in live acting.
The teleprompter gives the presenter visual access to the text that has what they need to say when they speak. In some circles, it's also called an Autocue. Using the teleprompter, you can keep visual contact with your audience and still sound impromptu. You don't have to worry about memorizing your lines or message with the teleprompter. It comes out naturally as the texts scroll on the screen while the cameras are rolling.
What is the Purpose of a Teleprompter?
The teleprompter serves a simple but critical function when making videos - whether you're bringing your Youtube video ideas to life or hosting an online sermon. The teleprompter allows the presenter to keep eye contact with the audience while reading the text they need to speak. Using a teleprompter also allows the reader to sound impromptu without the need to cram what they're going to say.
Why Should You Use a Teleprompter?
A teleprompter is a great tool that allows you to say the right thing at the right time. You don't have to worry about what you're going to say or when to say it. Using it can enhance the quality and engagement of your videos and make them more impactful. Some other reasons why you should use a teleprompter include:
- Keep eye contact with your audience – Whether it is a long sermon or a quick tutorial, a teleprompter allows you to read without appearing as though you're reading. It eliminates notes from the stand and reduces the time you spend looking down.
- You have complete control of what you want to say – With a teleprompter, you don't have to worry about saying anything you shouldn't say. You only need to read what is on the teleprompter. It saves you the trouble of making things up as you go.
- Musicality – Pace and intonation are critical components when creating videos. Sometimes, how you say something makes all the difference. With a teleprompter, you can control the pace at which the words appear, allowing the reader to create different rhythms and intonation for other parts of the speech. It makes it easier to create emphasis in your speech when necessary.
- Better non-verbal cues – When you don't have to keep referring to your notes or worrying about what to say next, you can concentrate on your performance. The teleprompter also frees your hands, allowing you to use them as part of your communication. Your body language and movement are more natural with a teleprompter.
How Can a Teleprompter Help Your Business?
The benefits of a teleprompter aren't limited to making quality videos. A teleprompter can also boost your business and revenue in several ways. The potential of the teleprompter to help your business is only limited by how efficiently you can use the teleprompter, even if you're simply using the teleprompter to make Youtube videos for your business.
- Spontaneity – A teleprompter allows you to appear natural and speak off the cuff for your audience. The audience is not distracted by you looking at prepared notecards and speeches. You will also make eye contact with your audience throughout, making your speeches and presentations more effective and impactful. If you're looking to get your audience to take action like purchasing something or signing up for email marketing, a teleprompter can dramatically improve the results by allowing you to remain more spontaneous and natural.
- Effective pacing – When making videos, you don't want to focus too much on your visual cues and forget you still need to be audible for your audience to understand what you're saying and take the necessary action. A teleprompter helps you pace yourself when giving a presentation, summon, or reading a script. Proper pacing allows the audience to keep up and enhance the quality of the presentation. Pacing also allows you to emphasize key selling points that can attract more viewers or increase the chances of the audience taking appropriate action.
- Precise communication – In any presentation, getting the words right is critical. You don't want to rely on your memory or note cards. With a teleprompter, you can say the right words at the right time – just as you intended to maximize the desired response from the audience.
What is a Teleprompter App?
A teleprompter is an advanced piece of equipment that features a reflective mirror and a monitor. The mirror is placed directly in front of the camera lens, where the words appear. Most small and medium businesses might not afford one. This is where a teleprompter app comes in.
A teleprompter app is a simplified version that allows you to run the same features of a fully-fledged teleprompter on your smartphone, so you can make great videos anywhere at any time.
The Best Ways to Write a Teleprompter Script?
You can only benefit from the true teleprompter meaning if you use it effectively. That means writing good and impactful teleprompter scripts.
- Write how the speaker speaks – The teleprompter script needs to sound natural. This is only possible if you write the way the speaker speaks. Use contractions unless you're creating emphasis, and write on the first-person perspective where possible.
- Avoid jargon and formal language – To connect with your audience, you should use everyday words as much as possible. It sounds more natural and makes the message more relatable to the audience.
- Consider all caps – Teleprompter scripts are often displayed in all caps. It is easier to read on small screens. But the reader should be aware of this to avoid confusion.
- Spell out everything – Write out everything, including the numbers and abbreviations. It's easier for the speaker to read at a glance.
It's about time your business made the jump to the next level of video content creation by using a teleprompter. Our teleprompter app is your gateway to perfect videos with effective communication and more engaging video content.